Saturday, March 22, 2014

.....The Revelations of Spring......

       
       This week would start as most do, except for the fact that Monday was St. Patrick's Day....IIIIIIIIIEEEE...there's a touch of Irish in every one..! So with that said, I began the day with a Dinner...Lunch...at my complex. After a slight respite, I then proceeded to my one bar that is most comfortable. They were head-long in the days festivities, with Irish music and food for the fancy....Cornbeef and Cabbage, with Potatoes. The best had yet to come. In due time a live band took the stage. It had been awhile since I heard such music...live, that is..!  It was the high-light of the day, also the ending of it, leaving not until they were done.
      The next day was not as pleasant. My Sciatica  had kicked in at full force, and I shall not explain the depth of pain you have to endure with this condition...just believe I wouldn't wish this on anyone..even a Republican..!
      By the next day it had subsided where I could almost feel normal again. So I then took it upon myself to do a few things around the apartment. The next morning I put together a load of Laundry, which consisted of my 'throw' rugs, and misc. items to be washed. Then realizing that I need to wash the floors before putting them back. I had already done a normal wash a morning or so earlier, and had vacuumed. After finishing these feats of wonder...I always 'Wonder' when and how I'd ever get these things done...I then stopped long enough to think to myself that it was now the first day of Spring..! Was it some sort of Spell cast upon me to do all this in a fashion that it would fulfill  the ever so present 'Spring Cleaning'...?!! I will never know the true motivation behind it, I'm just glad it's behind, me!
      
        The following day I did my normal routine with my coffee, paper, and the internet. I have now found that I can choose some really good music of my chose, while cruising the Face Book page.
It also has allowed me to pick some classics, not just singles any more, but because behind that dark and deep screen, where the Face Book  Gnome's do their magic, they know now what type of music I prefer and that I like to sit and listen to a full album, while having my morning delights. 
      The one that popped-up at that time of need, was Journey..yes the '80's band that not many of you would admit to listening to. But there it was, ripe for the choosing. After a few songs, I had a chance to reflect on this band and the music that brought me back to that time.
     My thoughts glided me back to a night at the Pub...you know the one...it was after one of my Tuesday night shifts doing 'Nate Night' with our friends, Brother Jump..or was it K-Man..? Well I know it wasn't New York Chalk, since that would be a whole different story all together! 
     So there I was with two very attractive young Ladies, and a member of the band that I always enjoyed having around, and he too enjoyed being there..and why not, he had all the White Russians that he could handle, and lovely ladies that we were both fond of having in our company!
    Shrdlu was an excellent 'Wing Man'. Always there with a laugh and a Witt that matched only mine. But at some point the Radio started playing Journey, and the girls seemed to enjoy it, but not Shrdlu, he was a ...how do I say, 'Music Snob'...of course with all good intentions, and rightfully so, being a 'Purest' at heart. We managed to delight and transform these ladies to our most desired end, and marking another 'Night at the Pub'.
    
    Of course after realizing what week I was in, it soon dawned on me what this week is... a year already marking a sad end to friends we all knew and loved....they will all be missed as I'm sure all of you do feel the same way.......
      
                                         R.I.P.
            
      

No comments:

Post a Comment