Monday, November 25, 2013

U-turn in Nashville

               Listening to all that music, and  writing all that 'prose and poetry'.....I came up with this, that I thought at the time would be one of my first songs:

                      I made a u-turn in Nashville,
                      'cause I couldn't take it any more.
                      I made a u-turn in Nashville, 
                      after you walked on out the door.

                      If I could make my mind up,
                      I sure would like to know
                      why I'm headin' this way, 
                      and is it the way that I should go?

                      My heart says to wait, 
                      don't be so fast to leave, 
                      but once I set mind in place
                      there is no other place for me.

                      Then headin' down that fast Highway,
                      headin' down that Southern road
                      along that lonesome bi-way,
                      headin' straight to where I should go.
   
                      Near the warm water and blowin' wind,
                      that sings to you all day!
                      Then some tales from the past
                      just seem to come by and say:

                      'Don't make that u-turn in Nashville, 
                      for once you're there, stay awhile, 
                      take the time you have, it's short
                      and longing for your smile.'
  
                     So don't make that u-turn in Nashville, 
                     since your time may come,
                     that anything could happen
                     and soon it will be done!
                   

                      
 
                      

No comments:

Post a Comment