Tuesday, December 17, 2013


     This is such a strange time of year. It brings people closer together, either through friendship, or just the Damn fact to keep warm! That of course is for my Northern friends that I do miss this time of year, meaning mostly those warm Winter Hugs...and you know who you are...
   I've spent many a Winters cutting and bringing in fire wood. As a boy, to help my Dad with four footer to go into the wood Furnace in the cellar. Then later on, with shorter pieces that 'Wood' fit in the various stoves that I've owned over my life time.
    Now, living here in Sunny Florida, I have just the thought's to bring me back to those days, thank goodness they're only thoughts, since I 'Wood' not be able to deal with such a chore, and that's just to keep the place warm...not to mention the Snow and ice...where the Hell 'Wood' I put that..?!!

   So now I would like to share some of the happier moments of my youth, back in December of 1960........like the Happiest Christmas of all.....

                   There was this Cool Cat...
                   Man, he was like real sad,
                   He wanted 'ol Whisker's 
                   to visit him real Bad.

                   Yeah, Man, this Cool Cat
                    was so Beatnik sad,
                   He was like floating 
                   in his Beatnik Pad!

                   It was like the 24th
                   and Man, you see...
                   this Cool Cat didn't have...
                   well, like a Christmas Tree!

                  Yeah, said the Cool Cat, 
                   it's like a sad day for me...
                  Man, for a swinging Christmas,
                  I need like a Swinging Christmas Tree!

                  I just hope that 'ol Rolley Polley comes,
                  and brings me some Bongo Drums.
                  I don't have a Christmas tree though...
                  but I bet I can get a Mistle Toe!

                  Every thing was quiet ...
                  in his little Pad,
                  but then came something,
                  it was Wild and Mad...

                  There he came down, 
                  with a BAM...
                  and there was my Bongos,
                  sitting right on his hand!

                  After all he had done,
                  Santa went up with snort from his Thumb!
                  The Cat played his Bongos all around,
                  he found out, soon, that he had the best in town!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment