Saturday, October 12, 2013

Looking back to the Future


       These days that are upon us now will be a defining moment for us all. It seems hard to understand what is going on some time, when all along it seemed 'Black & White'. But now the future is blurred with no definition of what will come. I for one, would like to think that it'll be o.k. since the time I have spent here, is much longer than the time I'm about to endure for remaining bit of space that I will encounter in the future.
   I will continue with some writings of my past that at the time were called a 'Journal' that was hand written at the time, and now to the modern  form which I use now, the 'Blog'.
   It was an early Spring day, or maybe a late Summer one. Either way, there I was, sitting at one of the 'High-tops' by the window at the Pub, writing on a yellow 'legal' note pad. I just glanced up when a dear friend, that had just come in, walked away from the bar, and headed over to talk.She asked me what I was doing. Well it seemed simple enough to me, and I believed she did too. But for some reason she need some kind of explanation, since normally she saw me at the Pub holding a beer, and not a pen.
   I told her that I was just writing some things down that had occurred  that day and in the past few days. 
   " Oh", she said and asked me why. 'Well, I just like the idea of maybe someday it would be good to look back to see what went on in my life at that time, since who knows what kind of memory you would have if you did want to 'remember' those days'. 
   She nodded politely, and went on her way. I stayed a bit longer, finished  my beer, put my papers away for the day and proceeded to have another beer at the bar. At that time, it became obvious to me, and now Marcy, why I was recording memories down on paper.

   The following is part of those 'paper' Dayz.......

   .....it's dated October 13th, 1975.......

   I have just returned from an exhausting weekend with the kids, who now live with their Mother. To add to my depression with the rain still falling, Charlie, my wonderful Irish Setter, had died Friday night, after being hit by a bike that some kids rode by the house on, and Charlie, not liking Bikes or Horses, ran out barking, and got there when the following kids didn't have time to stop, and hit her square in the chest which created internal bleeding, and irreputable damage. She will be missed.
   I would like to bury her tomorrow. Tokas seems lonely, as he should be..they were some pair. A Black Irishman, and the beautiful 'Red Head'! The love she had for me I will never forget!

  I lack understanding from such a death. Many people and things around me help, but  I'm afraid death is to fearful to satisfy my deep thought of why such a thing has happened again. 
  I do hope my understanding will be broadened shortly, fore I do not wish it to happen again, without the knowledge of knowing why!

    
   This particular writing was done the same year as when I got a divorce, and my father died. As some of you may recall at the beginning of that summer, I threw a party in memory of my father, who died on April 24, 1974. On May 24th, 1975, we all gathered at the 'Woods' to celebrate, 'Alive in '75'. Just a small group of a thousand friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment