Monday, October 28, 2013

...bacdk to the Future, continued....

     This  is from the papers that I found in that 'Mystery Green Box' that I brought home from Connecticut on my last visit, which held a few 'old' papers that I had written from the early days of my life. They range anywhere from Grade School to the late '70's.....
     
       This one in particular is one of many Prose that I wrote in what may be the early '70's when my hopelessly romantic side of me, from being a true Taurus, comes out.
 
                             A SUMMER ROMANCE.....
   
                                 It all began so quiet...
                      almost as if time had slowed
                      just to watch over this subdued
                      romance which blossomed as slow
                                 and timeless as it had began.

                      Time drifts by, new love will linger
                      to enjoy and look back upon,
                      to move us ever so swiftly 
                      into a 'just' understanding.

                     Not to say 'I will understand' completely
                     the reasons of such a short and
                     pronounced existence with love,
                     although I have come to an agreement
                     with my inner feelings:

                    She touched me ever so lightly with her eyes,
                    ever so gently with her hands, with both,
                    she reached out to hold me, never to hurt
                    or mistrust, just to promise,
                    a fleeting promise, to love.

                    That love is being held so close to my Heart,
                    that only the swift sword of Death
                     would cut it loose.............
                      

                    

No comments:

Post a Comment