Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Well, It's Jan. 11th 2011.  It's my oldest grandchilds birthday, my granddaughter Marley Love. She's 16 now, WOW!!
    Also on today, here in St. Pete. Fla. , they just opened the new Salvador Dali museum. Go to tampabay.com/dali .
    He's got to be my favorite artist & I have a few connections to him. Mainly we have the same birthdays on May 11th. Also my 1st contracting job back in the early 70's was for Julian Levy, who at that time lived in Bridgewater, Ct. He was responsible for bringing Dali to America. Got to see his work 1st hand. Our friend Seymore Butts actually lived as a caretaker there.
   Since then  I've been true admirer of him, ended up with one of his books...which I will give to Marly, when I get back to Ct.  Also made an attempt to do some surrealistic painting myself , some day I'll post those. Of course that's another Ct thing, not to mention the fact that it's not  quite a priority .
   So, as you can see this is a special day all around, there is also something to the number '11', not sure the whole meaning around it, but I know it's there.
   Hope you enjoy  your day as much.....

No comments:

Post a Comment