Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Back from the Woods

  There was a story I was trying to put on FB many weeks ago....ran out of space & promised Lori I would get it to her. That's when I realize I had to come here & Blog, so that I could ramble on.....& on......& on......& on. So I'm gonna try to recreate  a  time back in the Woods, a few years ago.
   It also referred to an incident that happened to Debbie, when she got stung by that Hornet or wasp, & wasn't sure which it was ...all she new is that she was pissed & it hurt like hell. ...re:FB..a month or so ago.
   I'm going to try to help Deb with  the difference between the two, while bringing you back to the sping of '75.
  
   The many times I visited Tom that spring, going over plans to have a party for a few close friends, this time I could'nt help but notice his one apple tree, that once stood on the sloop just off the lawn, had blown over. I quickly volunteered to cut it up for him, & we made plans to do it the next day.
    Arriveing at his house the next day with my trusty Homlite,which had been my fathers, I first noticed that Tom's car was not there. [ ye 'ol Blue '65 Falcon] So, I thought, at least I could get started. He'll get back from the Pub at some point.
     Even though I was low on gas & oil, I should haved stopped then, but no, get 'er done! I proceded to the fallen tree, which was split in 2 leaders...or  limbs....I started my trusty Homlite &  began walkin toward my 1st goal which was to cut at the 1st branch, I reached down w the saw & started.....then  WAM.......standing there w just a pair of cut-offs...a swarm of white - assed Hornets came right  up my crotch!! The 1st one I hit was on my inner thigh, It left my hand print for a week!!
      I jumped off the tree, with chain saw in hand, tossed the saw, rolled on the ground screaming the most profane words that pierced that sunny, warm , peaceful day on the quite back roads of Warren. After running down Brick School House Road, I stopped & turned around , the neighbor  accross the street came over to me to see if I was alright.After telling him what had happened, he said even though I was'nt alurgic, I should see some one that knows bees.
   
      I jumped into my Landcruiser, along w my 2 dogs at the time: Tokas & Charlie. and started home, then it came to me that I could stop at the Masseys farm to consult about my stings, knowing that he kept bee hives on the farm. I pulled in next to the barn & as soon as I stopped, Tokas jumped out....haveing no doors on at the time....run down the stairs below the barn. Not too soon after he returned w white feathers in his mouth. Oh, SHIT......then came the Massey family, following right behind.I think they were on their way to lunch.
      Dumb-founded, all I could say was: 'want can I do to make up for this?'  His reply was:'Replace it'.
      O.K., now I have to replace a white domestic duck for the guy that's the Fire Chief in the town that I'm just about to throw a little gathering at the park where I named the Fire Dept.as one of the beneficeries of any profits.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment