Monday, July 24, 2017

....Walking in the Dark on White Shadows.......



                As I made my way thru this vacant and dark hallway, I could make out distinct Shadows of light shining threw the slightly opened doorways ahead of me....

      The first one that I approached I opened with some reluctance but as it glided easily open in my hand I proceeded and stepped in.....

       Tom greeted me with that large grin of his and a warm handshake, telling me that it was good that I had come. Walking over to his piano and sitting down, e started to a song he wrote while working at the Mobile station in New Milford.             It started with ...'Nathan Hale & the boys from Yale....'   Soon our good friend Shrdlu and Greg walked over to join in a make-shift chorus. Which was always fun when those guys came together to sing.....and play some mean music.......

       Soon John Henry appeared just in time with a Doobie for all to enjoy...Michael of course not far behind...Teddy not one to indulge had his cocktail in hand... 

       A little light headed by now, I ventured further into this glowing white room, and saw an interesting  group of people hanging out...first the  one that looked straight at me was Ty....giving me the whole hearted laugh and a big hug...what a gal..!!  My cousin Cal and his grandson stood by with none other than Spargo.....then a friend appeared that left us to soon here in my new home...Ron with the every 'Chao Baby' that warm greeting before jumping on his Harley to venture to new horizons ......

        There are so many more from my new home and my old! It will take me some time to walk along more of those White Shadows, and peek around dark corners to reach the point of keeping them all close to my heart and sharing them all with you....and of course not for getting one of the first and best...Norm.....

            

         Now that our time is spent in remembering our dear friends, let us not forget where we stand now and keep all those...living or gone....in our Earts forever...and forever young....

                        Much Love & Peace......



                    

No comments:

Post a Comment