Monday, September 1, 2014

Ending the 'Summer on a good Time...



      After a year of contemplation, it all fell together on that week I try to reserve for going back to my home state and places I grew up in and grew to love even more now that I've been away for about ten years. It's almost like time stood still, and just waited for me to get there to celebrate not just my life but so many others that I knew from the past and now so many of them that have Pasted.

     They say you can't go home again, but thanks to so many of my dear friends, they have made it possible to do so. It was four years ago when a close friend of mine, Wayne...'Crash'... Carlson told me that he and another friend, Roy.....'Roy Boy', or 'RB'..Cheney were talking at a memorial for another good friend, Steve....'Rude-Man'...Rudus. 
    It came to them that it seemed a shame to have to meet under these conditions just to see people they don't normally run into. So 'Crash' thought it a good idea to  have a party just for the Hell-of-it.
    He contacted me here in Florida to run the idea past me, and with great anticipation, I agreed that it sounded like a plan. Unfortunately I still was in no position to make the trip back for that year. The party went off in a most successful manner, most familiar only in those parts of that Country.
    
     The following year, I was gratefully surprised when a good friend that I had met here, Don...'Cigar'...Mader , seemed to take to the idea of going up North, initially to retrieve the belonging that I couldn't fit on my trip down here. 
     Not only did we drive back, but to my delight Don had never been to New England! I guess it must have made an impression, since he was willing to go back the next year, and the next. Making it possible for me to help in the 'Reunion Parties'. Also to show him around, and join many of my friends for a night out....and every night out after!

     We, with the biggest help of all from Lewis...'Uncle Lew'....Cheney, had managed the food, which for the first three, was a roasted Pig, were able to have this party. The last one the Pig was missing, and so wasn't Crash. The Pig was replaced with some pork roasts, but there was no replacing Crash. To everyone dismay he was rehabilitating from surgery on his leg.

      Now we are on the fifth one of these, what I now call...R.T.M  Party....meaning, 'Reunion-Tribute-Memorial Party'. in memory of all those fine friends that have pasted on, and will not be forgotten.
    For this coming year, I'm throwing into the mix another reunion of sorts. It'll be mine and Tom Barry's, 40th anniversary of the Warren Woods parties we threw back in the 70's. I am planning to have it at the Bantam Community Field, since the 'Woods' got too damn expensive...and besides, back then, they didn't want 'those types' coming into their Town. Ha..! Their town, my family helped settle it back in the 1700's!
    In any case, I am still looking at that possibility , after all we have a year or so to get it straight. I've already talked with Marty & Mark of the Regulators, and of course Jerry, who's been good enough to set up some sound the pasts years, just in case someone would play. 

    I want to thank all those who made it and those who wanted to but had previous engagements. This is for all to share with thoughts of so many friends that we miss everyday, and would like to get in touch with the ones that are here to get to see, since all our lives have changed so much, it just isn't that easy to keep in touch. I hope this will give you all an opportunity to get together with those you love, and miss seeing over the years. Those years are going by faster and faster, it's time to slow down and smell the flowers, and/or any thing else that comes to mind that might remind you of all the good times had by all..............

        .....when it seems too lonely to carry on...
             and only the past seems far beyond....
             let your inner voice yell to you that
             you may continue, and that you may respond....
             be good to your self and others....
             so that all is not lost or gone......  

                                   ...the dates for next year will be....8/15/15....


                              .....Peace-out, and Love to all....

No comments:

Post a Comment