Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A time for rememberence ...

    It's been some time now since I had time to reflex on the Past. I now think of all those years now that have paved the way to this point in my life where it get's harder and harder to not think about all that has pasted by, and all the friends that went with it.
    
   When just starting out as a Bartender, all I could see was was a mist of new friends and the wealth of having a good time, in a job where, not only the good times seemed forever, but you got paid for it. That almost seems secondary. All I new was we, meaning all the friends at the time, that most of which I had just met, but there are many still out there sharing in this close friendship.
   Nothing could stop us. We took to the beaches when we should have been opening the Bar for lunch. We then closed the Bar, and tried to get to the next one before it closed! Time had nothing to do with it, since we ran the clock, being our own Bosses. No one ever thought that the clock had started to pick up pace. First in Minutes, then Hours, then Days.......
   
   We never thought that time would run out on us, we controlled  everything that might have been put in front of us. Before you knew it one would leave us, just by being too tired from helping out at a new Place, that all would have the chance to enjoy.
   Another, had his place, but could not beat the odds of what was dealt him in the early times. I had the chance to go all night with these two, & end up having breakfast at Mcdonalds in New Milford, rolling around on the ground while the 'normal' people watched in disbelief. Why was that..? was it because it was still Breakfast in their world..? It didn't matter, our world was for the here and now, to live as we wanted. 

   There was a time when I actually worked two jobs a day. One being the Bartender to the Masses at night. The other, I started doing move re-modeling jobs. I would do anything it took, to have not just the money, but that freedom to do what I thought at the time, was the right to Party. In both aspects, I had the chance to work with a friend that helped me when it got time to paint, he taught me how to handle a Sprayer, for the big out side jobs. He was also was with me  when, it was time for check- in at the Door. He was the first to get there & as it turned out, it helped when the Bar was to open around 8:00 p.m. One night he WAS on time and I was there also, except for the fact that I was passed out on the Stage from the last night. No problem, after hearing him bang on the door for probable ten or fifteen minutes, I got up and proceeded to get the bar set up in record time, without my usual help.

  At the time all bars had music, in one form or another. In that last place I mentioned, that's all we had. A very diverse group of fine musicians, mostly top of the line local groups, and then some popular National headliners. Our biggest and finest group was actually a local band played there, and our other place up the road.
  They were the top of everyone's list. We all came out to see and listen to this fine group of dedicated Musicians.
   Now that time has taken it's toll, the one stand out in the group who kept the spirit alive, with his energy and thoughtfulness, to continue, with no thought of his own greatness, but just there so that everyone enjoying it would shine. He now Shines bright in all our Hearts....

   There are others who are gone that desires mentioning, but for now I will pass that on to a  party that was started three years ago, for a reunion for all that are here to remember, but now one of a memorial and tribute to those that have left us, so we may rejoice in the fact of knowing them, and making our lives that much fuller...
   

1 comment:

  1. Time flies, that's for sure Nate. All we can do is make the best of what we have and be grateful that we are still here to tell the story.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete