Friday, June 14, 2013

JUST ANOTHER DAY IN PARADIZE...

    I just mentioned to a friend the other day that I was going out on an adventure that day, but could not elaborate until, of course , after my return. One reason was that I wasn't sure if it would qualify for an actual 'Adventure' as we know it. Also I'm not in the best of positions to be in what most people consider an 'Adventure'. Ah, but for me to go out of my designated 'safe zone', I left it at that.
     I started out with all the paper work that I need, that I had received in the mail the previous day. YOU ARE THE LUCKY WINNER OF 3 PRIZES. Wow, not only do I get to go 'out', I may just come home with something other than Bananas. I proceed on my sojourn to the first bus stop. Which then took me to the main terminal, where I would board the bus to my Prize Winning destination. 
   As I walked over to the area where that bus would depart, I suddenly noticed that I would not be the only one heading that way. I was a Freckin' Mob. After calming down and accessing the situation, I noticed that a second bus would arrive shortly after...did I mention that I was suppose to be at the Prize location between 1 & 3...it was 1:33. Not to panic , I stood patiently, and there to my left, as the bus was about to arrive, A nice young lady stood next to me & said I could go ahead, since I resembled her Dad. At that time I didn't have much time to think if I should take that as a compliment or not. No sooner could I react, then she asked me if I knew 'Captain Jack' ! Whoah, now, did she actually ask me If I new some one that I met years ago with my friend Mo, who lived in Spring Hill an hour & a half away, and Dougy Bear, who lived close to this Captain Jack, who put on some wonderful 'Jams' on his, what you may call an 'Artist Colony' in a thicket of trees. a  bond fire in the middle, and no less than 30 to 40 people gathering around listening to some great tunes...?!! Well sure as shit it was and she proclaimed to be his daughter!
   I didn't even have a chance to ask her name, when all were loading on to that Bus. She said she had to get on that one, since she was going to work. I took one look at the over-filled bus stepped back & waited for the next one, giving me time to digest what had just happened.
   The next bus did arrive in what I thought was plenty of time, and another interesting thing happened. The bus driver was one that I was familiar with, and he me, when I lived across from Joe. He said he's been on this route for over a year....oh yeah , a year ain't so long any more.
    I did get to my destination on time and proceeded  to find the location of my big prizes. I asked the greeter at Wal-Mart which way it was that I can claim all my winnings. She said I have to go back out and go to the FAR end of the parking lot...which was the opposite end I had just walked from the bus stop in 90+ degree temps. I made it there just in time, it was like 2:52....I got some one to help me and he was nice enough to point out what I had 'won'. Then he sat down and asked if I was interested in a car. No, not at that time, it seems they had filled that section of the parking lot with 'pre-owned' cars.
   Not to fear I was still in the running to a scratch-off worth $50,000 . I also was given a card for $300 in on-line shopping & the biggie of $1,000, I had in my hand to go, what I thought, a shopping spree at Wal-Marts. Alrighttty then. No $50 grand, no car, a card to shop on line..RIGHT.....at least I can retrieve something from this $1,000 when I get back across the parking lot.
   I went to the customer service counter to start to see how I go about getting this great prize I've been holding. When I showed it to the Lady behind the counter, she said that this has nothing to do with them, those people are just using that part of the lot for their Cars.
   At that point I did feel a little foolish, I did start to read the fine print, but just didn't want to believe it. I was on an adventure after  all, and noting was going to sway me in any other direction!

    Yes I was wrong for be a little bit gullable, and should always read the fine print, and take some advice from the internet about being 'scammed'.

    I left with my banana's in toe, and a story to be told. Maybe not the Shopping spree, but why the Hell did the girl ask me if I knew her Dad, who I happened to know , at a place where another similar  thing happened. It was a few years ago, when I went there..the Jam...with Crash, on one of his visits. We were all sitting around the fire, enjoying the music, when Crash got me & said I have to come and meet someone. Over on the other side of the Circle. He brought me to a man who said he knew me. It happened to be the son of the Ranger at Sherwood Island on the Ct. shore. His father & mine were Ranger's at the same time & we used to go as kids..myself, maybe 7or 8 at the time, to swim in Salt water.
    I vaguely remember him he being ten to twelve years older & as far as that goes I wouldn't have remembered him at all, if it wasn't for the time we went there just to visit at night, and were driving along the parking lot when we came across a car with some guys in it, surprised them a bit, because I could see them trying to hide the bottle It was him, and that was ...well so much for math...years ago. Now here he is sitting across from me many years & miles later.
   On my next visit it was my birthday, and asked his son for a copy of that picture he took of me, Mo, Crash, & his Dad. He handed me not just a beautiful framed picture , but his Dad does 'Driftwood Art' so I now have a Toad Stool made of two different types of wood, next to that wonderful picture, that will remind me of what can be done when you think it an Adventure.

    You may or may not be a 'believer' in certain kinds of 'Fate'....but for me, I have just told of two distinctive circumstances that might have just given me the will to Keep on Keepin' on....

          Love to all, thanx for putting up with me....Peace-out!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment