Tuesday, July 5, 2011

..'.DUCT TAPE.....40,000 roadies can't be all wrong ' : circa 1980..Stage '3'

  ...just going over a few comments from FB , & I keep noticeing the same thing..alittle inconcistence in makeing a valid point, so I took the liberty of useing Duct Tape to repair what some people refer to as interesting blather. I hope that no one takes offense to this , but I could not justify leaveing those statements stand by themselves. If by chance there's a grievence to this logical but unpresidental behavior, please, by all means notify your local FB castodian. I'm sure he'll..or she'll.. rectal-fy it [ you might have a better chance w a women on that one]..they just love to ..you know ...
  
    Yesterday was such a glorious day to be just hangin' on the street where I live...ummmm kinda has a nice beat to it....anyway, I took advantage of the Holiday spirit to engage in some mingleing w the neighbors. I started accros the street to see Female Jo, as opposed to my friend Joe who also lives across the street , but at a different angle. Then there's Joey, who is a friend that also happens to be my landlord. So I happened to catch ..Jo.. outside & wanted to know how she was since she had recently banged her knee exerciseing. She was better, & asked if I was going to Bunny's around the corner for their annual 4th party. It did sound festive w music already drifting up my street from large speakers faceing west in that direction. I couldn't help but listen to it, since it was load enough to be heard through-out the neighborhood, & was welcomed because the selection was just fine. I think he had a selection of CD's rangeing from the 60's to 80's & some country thrown in..Patsy Cline was a nice touch.
    So after dinner I did manage to work my way around the corner to introduce myself, since I never met Bunny, but hey this is  a nice little neighborhood here & Rocky the' lawn guy' that lives at the end of my st. was there to break the 'ice'...not that , that stopped me before. So there I was in the middle of the little street festival w the ends of the street blocked off & everything.  As I walked over to meet Bunny, I stopped to introduce myself to a man in a wheel-chair who owned, what I thought was a perfect set-up for a home compound. It sat accross the canal by itself  w a fence surrounding it & a gate to get thru to cross the bridge over the canal to get to the complex. It was an all metal structure w a 2 story living space & also 2 stories in the garage area, where he works on Harleys, & said he's got a 1917 model 'T' truck. You know he'll be my new best friend. There's so much more to discribe that makes this place so perfect, but let me get back to the party.
     I finally reached Bunny, who was a delight, & met her husband who was confined to a wheel-chair also. But being confined was not in either one of these guys vocab. After looking over the place , which has a pool, ummmmm....I filled a plate w some of the food they had abundantly cooked , so what else could I do, not to be a wasteful kinda guy....
     After dropping off my stash, I then made it to neighbor Mike's , where he was indulgeing in the most appropreate holiday 'spirit', makeing the last of my rounds the 'high' point of my evening. He asked me to stop back after dark for the great  'Bang'  as this neighborhood is know for ..Joe in particular, but that wasn't happenning this year, unfortunately.
    I decided at my new age, that I would just go back to my room, crack the window that faces the street & enjoy the sounds culmeNATEting the wonderful holiday spirit. The music to the East , which tuned into more of the 90's rock, which was fine for the back ground of all the explosions going on around me. It all lasted more than 2 hours, then just faded into the night, as I did to the thoughts of another glorious day, in the neighborhood where I live.
   
    As I sit here now it all seems so formiliar to yesterday, the sky is bright w orange & pink clouds & a slight breeze. Even a few fireworks mark the days passing. Another day where Duct Tape will not be needed anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment